Saturday, November 23, 2013

You Can't Run When You're Holding Suitcases


This song sends me mixed signals, which makes me love and hate it.

“You can't run when you're holding suitcases
It's a new day, throw away your mistakes
And open up your heart, lay down your guard
You don't have to be afraid”

I am always envisioning myself running away. I see myself running away from my family issues, my mental & emotional state, my financial hardships and my life in general. In these fantasies, I see myself with bags in my hands, throwing them into Thomas and driving away into the sun-set, blasting TFK.

“Just breathe, your load can be lifted
There's a better way when you know you're forgiven
Open up your heart, lay down your guard
You don't have to be afraid

There's nothing holding
You back now, just run”

On days that I love this song, it encourages me to leave my problems behind me and to hold my head up high and face the world with determination. On days that I hate this song, it torments me with the realization that I need to leave my problems at God’s alter and allow Him to take my problems and heal my ravaged heart.

“Can you imagine what it's like to be free, oh, oh, oh?
Well, send those bags packing, they are not what you need, oh
Abandon your troubles by the side of the street
Just let them go now, believe me”

However it doesn’t matter what day it is when I’m listening to this song, it always makes me dance and smile. Because I know when I do abandon my hurts and pains, I’ll be happy and free. 

And who doesn’t want that? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment