Saturday, December 12, 2009

Vacation.

I miss home.

It’s nice being back where I was raised. To meet and socialize with old friends, to see familiar places, foods and smells. It’s nice. But I miss home.

I miss the new familiarly I made in awkwardness. I miss the security of love and care. I miss my unorganized, uncertain days of safety.

It’s not like I’m unhappy here. I’m thrilled to be back in routine. I’m happy to see my puppies. I’m relaxed to walk, take and glance as I please and not worry about offending others. I am – content.

But I miss being able to confide in people I trust. I miss talking about my spiritual growth. I miss seeing and feeling the Lord move. I miss my security. I miss being concealed. I miss being watched and scolded out of love. I miss the awkwardness of knowing I’m where I’m supposed to be.

Things are ‘normal’ here, and that frightens me slightly. I don’t want things to be their normal old ways. I want them to be changing and transforming in the Lord. I want the presence of the Lord to shake this house, home, family, church, and community; I want people to realize they’re sleeping.

I miss the Bible belt, yes at moments it’s annoying, but people aren’t afraid to speak the Lord’s name in confidence and proclaim His majesty.

I miss home…

0 comments:

Post a Comment