Friday, May 2, 2014

I'm a Firefly

Today was a big milestone day for me on YouTube; for two reasons.

Reason #1: I got my first “hate” comment. I struggled a really long time with the decision to delete the comment and pretend it never happened or to allow the comment to be posted and attempt a witty come back.

  
(This comment was left on my “Who Is Star?” video. My trailer for my channel, where I have my Sim-self do random activates that I enjoy.)

It wasn’t the wittiest come back, and it probably didn’t make the poster think twice. But I stood up for myself. I owned me and I didn’t allow someone else to make me feel bad about who I am. Who I am proud to be.

Reason #2: I hit 100 subscribers. That means I have 100 followers, people who think that my videos are worth watching, that they want to be notified every time I make a video.

Excuse me, WHAT!?? 


Dude! I can’t even come to terms with that. How is that possible? How is it possible that that many people would want to watch me play The Sims 3 and listen to my random (and sometimes inaudible) gibber-gabber?

That’s just mind-blowing to me. To someone who feels (most of the time) that they’re making no difference in the world. To have 100 people say: “Hey! I like you, there’s something about you that makes me want to know more about you and keep tabs on you”.

It’s extremely humbling. And awe-inspiring at the same time.

1 comments:

Khloé Taylor said...

Oh my God! I seriously can't believe someone asked you that! How freaking rude!!! You are beautiful in y eyes and in Gods eyes<3 Also congrats on the 100 subs!!!! You rock and deserve every single one!

Post a Comment