Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Storm

The cloudiness is back, it’s been back for a while. I felt it when the clouds started to roll in, but I didn’t fight back the storm. I allowed it to roll and thunder. And now there’s lightening in my head and I can’t stop the harsh and treacherous winds from over throwing me.

I sit in my life boat watching as the waters rise and fall, hitting against my tattered boat. I placed myself in this situation. I saw the warnings. I heard the siren. I saw the sky turn from blue to black. I saw the transformation with my own eyes. And yet, I didn’t prepare or attempt to run for cover. I sat and watched.

And now I sit and watch. The crackle of each lightening dances before my eyes. The thunder reaches my ears no louder than a purr. And the rain hits my skin lighter than a mist.

I’m in the storm, but not of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment