Monday, March 22, 2010

The Invader

I feel like I’m sitting in a dark corner of a room. I have my legs pulled up to my chest, my head is barred into my knees and I’m weeping. There’s monster’s outside my door growling, howling, and breathing heavily. They’re jumping against the door, banging on it and clawing at it. There’s another creature in the opposite corner of me. Their voice is smooth and sweet, almost comforting; but I know they’re not a friend. I’m rocking myself back and forth; my hands covering my ears trying to blur out the noise of the monsters and the sickly sweet invader.

I’m weeping heavily, crying out softly for help; asking to be set free. The invader smiles at me, I can see the faint smile on his lips through the pale light of the room.

Closing my eyes I take a deep breath and begin to speak confidently. Speaking truth, that the invader cannot touch me, he cannot harm me, he has no power over me. Slowly the monsters quiet down. They’re no longer jumping and banging at the tattered door. They’re not completely gone, they’re there, I hear their heavy breathing from under the door; some try to stick their noses under the door.

The light in the room becomes brighter covering me in soft yellow rays. The invader stands in the corner, he leans against the wall, his arms folded. He and the monster’s now wait.

Taking another breath I lift my head up and look towards the dark corner of the invader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment