Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Voom Voom!

LOOK OUT!

Marty is on the purail. After a week of trying to get the pink slip issue resolved, I now have the title.

This has been a very frustrating and stressful ordeal. I’m afraid that this past week was a test – and I failed horribly. Marty is now legal and ready to drive however. I am now able to drive myself to work, church and for my pleasure.

I bought Marty some presents and made him all spiffy. He looks good in his new clothes.


Now, I know what some of you might be thinking:
What’s up with the name Marty?
Why are you obsessed with naming your belongings?
Why are things always boy names?


Marty got his name from my mother’s first car. After my mom’s first marriage she saved up long and hard and bought herself a new car. She was always proud of her car and drove it for almost 20 years straight. We still have the little blue car on the side of the house at home. He just sits there now, but he’s a reminder to me that when everything seems lost, forgotten and stolen there is hope, redemption and provision.


I don’t know why I have the burning desire to name everything I own… Just like I don’t know why I’ve become obsessed with cows or why I have the impulse to buy every cute stuff animal I see. I’m telling you, I’ve bought more stuff animals in the last 6 months than I have in my entire life!

Again, I don’t know why things are always boys to me, they just are. Like dogs are always puppies. I guess it’s just one of my quirky quirks. But I will say, that I purposely named my phone Kat.

So, here we go again in life.

Have fun and make a difference!

0 comments:

Post a Comment