Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh, Marty - You’re a brat!

Marty’s List:
Fuel Pump
Fix Trunk
Speed Odometer
Heater Core
Alarm Remote

I’ve come to learn that Marty is a very rebellious car. He just can’t seem to stay out of trouble.

I’ve also learned that Marty likes to be noticed.

Marty’s trunk is still not fixed, so this can cause some interesting predicaments. Today was rather windy, very windy in fact that the wind kept lifting up the tied down trunk. So, Marty thinks: “Oh no! Someone is trying to break into me. Must tell mommy!” So he sets his alarm off, again and again and again… EVERY time the trunk is lifted by the wind…

I’ve had problems with Marty’s alarm before. I didn’t receive a remote for Marty’s alarm when I got him, so there’s no way for me to turn him off unless I go to him and place my key in his door.

So, here I am, at work and the wind is messing with Marty’s trunk. His alarm sounds, then turns off after a few minutes and then comes back on after a few minutes when the mind messes with the trunk again. On, off, on off, on, off Marty’s alarm goes for about two hours straight…

Customers and business owners come in complaining about the car. I just smile and nod.

When my back up comes in, I run out and move Marty out of the wind. And then go back to work. Do you know how embarrassing it is to go to a car that has been sounding its alarm for the last few hours and turning it off?

Let’s just say, everyone knows what I drive now…

Oh Marty, you’re insane. But - we will get through this together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment