Monday, September 17, 2012

Beauty from Ashes


Source.

I truly believe the reason why I love to write, why writing is easier for me then speaking, why I have a ‘gift’ in writing is because I never felt like I could speak to my parents. I never felt like I could tell them exactly how I was feeling or what I thought. I still didn’t think my parents cared about what I said or took it to heart. I was afraid to speak to my parents. I was afraid to share, with anyone. I felt like I had lost my voice.

I bottled up all my deepest, truest and hardest emotions & thoughts deep within my soul – until they ate me alive. When I first started my process of healing, it was so HARD for me to share/expressive how I felt. It was easier for me to type out, write out or show my mentors/counselors my journal entries. I couldn’t bring myself to say out loud everything I had been keeping under lock and key.

I’ve slowly learn to use my voice. To speak how I feel and to share what I think. It’s been a slow and hard process that I’m still working on.

I’ve been keeping journals, blogs, poems and stories for as long as I can remember. They were/are my precious treasure. They are me – raw, true and vulnerable.

If I had the choice, I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve learned how important a voice is and how precious words are.

This is why I have my gift. How I can write the way I do.

This is why I love music and why I like to draw. It’s the reason why I love tattoos.

This is what God first used to show me that He can make beauty from ashes.


Amazing parenting tips to show that you do care and listen to your children, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment