Sunday, December 30, 2012

Heart Tattoos

You know, when I got my heart tattoo it never crossed my mind that so many people would notice it. I know that thought process seems absurd, but it’s the truth! I mean I was fully aware that I was putting a tattoo on my chest, but it just never crossed my mind that it would be that noticeable. Yes, I know, another absurd thought – but we all know how slow I am.

With me working as a cashier, I see a ton of people on a daily basis. And I guess I don’t really realize/remember that I have tattoos; because I’m use to them? They’re just a part of me. But to the guests passing through my line, my tattoos are new to them.

I’m constantly getting compliments on my heart tattoo and everyone wants to know where I got it done. There are a few people who ask how I got the idea and they’re blown away when I say I helped in creating it from my own drawings.

Tonight I was ringing up a couple, it was almost closing time and I had to get a price-check. So, there we are waiting for the person to come back with the correct price and the lady asks me about my tattoo. I tell her that I had all these drawings and how I took them to the tattoo artist and he pulled elements from all of them.

“What does it mean?” Asked the man. At first I was a little unsure if I should tell them. I didn’t know how they would respond. I mean here I am at work and I didn’t want it to seem like I was my ‘preaching’ at them.

“The heart was, is my heart, it was broken and God healed it. God sent the Holy Spirit to wash it out with living water. Then the Holy Spirit refined my heart with fire. And then God came to live in my heart and reign in my life.”

The couple then went quite. The guy stared at me for a few moments.

“So you’re a believer then?”
“Yes, yes I am.”

He stared for a few more moments and then he slowly smiled and nodded.

The price check person came back and I finished ringing up their purchase. As the couple was leaving, the guy turned around waved at me, smiled and said “God bless you.”

Another opportunity I had to share about My Almighty God, and I almost missed it.

Wouldn't that have been a shame?

0 comments:

Post a Comment