Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh, Marty!

I have officially owned Marty for two weeks now.

I’ve only been driving him for a week (had issues with the pink slip).

And he’s already stressing me out.

I knew when I bought Marty that he was going to need to be fixed up. I knew the beginning would be the most expensive. I knew some things would need immediate attention. I knew that owning a car meant taking responsibility in keeping up its maintenance. I knew that taking care of Marty would be a full time job. I guess; I just didn’t know it was going to be this stressful.

Marty’s List:
New Tires
Alignment
Squeaky Band
Fix Trunk
Brakes
Oil Change
Speed Odometer
Heater

This is a small list (not everything is listed), I’ve done small cosmetic work already, but I keep finding things on a daily basis that need to be fixed.

I guess, what’s making me stressed is trying to find time to take Marty to the shop. I work early mornings, so I need Marty to drive to work. I’m afraid if I take him in after work that I will be stuck at the shop for hours or that I will be late for my second job. I could drop Marty off early in the morning before the shops open and then walk to work (there’s a few shops near the coffee shop), but I don’t like the idea of A) leaving Marty somewhere so early and B) having to walk early in the morning along the highway (Route 69). I know these fears are probably nothing, but I still have them.

And with helpful people constantly stressing/reminding me of the things I need to do to Marty, it stresses me out even more.


Oh Marty… we will get through this together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment