Friday, May 11, 2012

Peas in a Pod

My mom was born as a twin, I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned that before on this blog. I was named after my mom’s twin. The love and affection that my mom had for her sister ran deep, and vice versa.

Have you ever heard stories from twins that say they were connected together either physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually? If one of the twins ran into something the other twin would get the bruise or they both would. How one twin can do/say something as soon as the twin thinks it. Or one of the twins would feel an emotion and the other starts feeling the exact same way - for no reason.

My mom and her sister were just like this. My aunt tells me stories all the time of how connected and in-sync they were. They could finish each other’s thoughts, sentences and actions. I can tell that my aunt misses this closeness; the invisible bound that connected them together and made them one.

With moving back to Cali I’ve been staying with my aunt and her husband. My aunt and I have been able to spend some much needed time together. With our bonding we’ve discovered that some of the same things that would happen to my mom and aunt - are now happening to us.

Sure, it could be that we’re around each other so much we’re just learning each other more. Or that we’re picking up each other’s habits. Sure, that’s it! I mean, there’s no way that my aunt could run into something and I would get the bruise. There’s no way my aunt would think to do something and turn around to do it and I’m one second ahead of her. And it’s impossible that my aunt would be just about to say something (completely off subject from what we’re talking about) and I say it right before she does.

I mean, there’s no WAY that bond between twins could be pass on. Please! Psh… Ha ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment