Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day of Joy

I have amazing friends. I was a little unsure yesterday about today. Today marks 7 years since my mom has been in heaven.

A few years ago I made a conscious decision to celebrate this day instead of mourning it. I usually plan things on July 7th that with be fun and joyful. But this year the date kind of crept up on me without warning. With no plans made and anxiety around the corner, my friends jumped into action and changed their plans to be with me.

One friend picked me up and we headed to the mall to Build a Bear, to buy Ruth her present and then we met up with another friend where we gorged on food and had way too much laughter.

It was a nice unexpected day. I feel so blessed to have people who love me so much that they support me in my weakness.

Lunch with friends. 
 
Ruth, the Build a Bear I made in remembrance of my mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment