Friday, July 6, 2012

Seven Years

This afternoon an extreme sense of anxiety overwhelmed me. I've had a couple of panic attacks this afternoon, which has now become uncommon for me. I use to get them often a few years ago, but the last couple of years I haven't had hardly any.

Tomorrow, July 7th, marks seven years since my mother has passed. This will be the second time I've been home for the date. I think me being in my dad's house is what's getting to me. It's all too familiar.

The other times I've been in different states doing different things. I've always had something planned, something to distract me. This year, I don't have anything planned. It kind of snuck up on me. I was doing fine until this afternoon when I became extremely anxious, nervous and overwhelmed.

Overall, I think I'm doing great with dealing with tomorrow. I'm not sad, depressed, down or dreading it. I wasn't really feeling any emotion about the day until this afternoon.

I know it’s the enemy trying to shake me. I’m trying my best to not allow him too. I’ve been praying against anxiety, shame, guilt, sadness and death.  

And I know if I keep my thoughts and emotions on God, He’ll get me through it.

He always does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment