Friday, November 23, 2012

Blessed

With my new job, I finally feel like I'm working towards something. That I'm finally working towards a goal.

I really do enjoy working in retail/customer service positions. I like being able to interact with different people and have different/random conversations. I really do strive to make people smile and bring joy to their day.

There are so much negative and unhappy things going on all the time. If I can for a few minutes, while serving someone, make them smile or brighten their day I fill like I fulfilled my purpose for the day.

I was ringing up these two gentlemen, one wasn't really into talking and the other was. So I was talking and joking around with the one who wanted to talk. He asked me why I was so 'happy,' and I said "I'm blessed."

You could tell that I took him off his guard; he didn't expect me to say something like that. He paused for a few moments and then replied: "That's good to hear… that you're blessed. That's real good." I then explained that I had been looking for a job for nine months and just recently got hired. He smiled and said that was good to hear and told me to keep up the good work.

The man who didn't feel like talking looked up at me when I said I was 'blessed.' He was surprised I had said that as well, but you could feel the atmosphere changing around us.

It's amazing what a few small words can do.


Blessed:
Adjective - Made holy; consecrated.
Noun - Those who live with God in heaven.
Synonyms - blissful, happy, holy, beatific, blest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment