Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Book Heaven

A couple of months ago I went on a book buying spree, I think I bought 15+ books in about 2 weeks. It was CRAZY. And in the last month I’ve bought about 5 books. I love to read and with my recent discovery of a used book store, OH MAN! You’re telling me I can buy books, read them, take them back and you’ll give me credit towards another book – HECK YEA, COUNT ME IN!

I’m in book heaven.

The majority of the books I’ve bought the last few months are in a series, the ‘Diary of a Teenage Girl’ series by Melody Carlson. The series itself has four sets inside of it. The books walk you through a fictional diary of a girl who documents her trials, victories, fears and desires in a diary.

I discovered this series a few years ago and fell in love with the second set of books by Chloe Miller; a freshman who enters high school with a passion for music and a questioning spirit. She finds God, builds a band, becomes a famous rock-star and along the way discovers that being different isn’t so wrong.

I’ve attempted to read the other books in the series before, but just didn’t follow through with it. So I thought I would attempt to read through the whole series and see where Caitlin O’Connor, Kim Peterson and Maya Stark take me and allow God to work in my life through their transparent words. 

Let it begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment