Thursday, December 1, 2011

Growing Pains

My birthday is a week away.

In seven short days I will be 24 years old.

And I’m slightly freaking out.

Birthdays are a big deal to me. They were a big deal to my mom and are to my aunt. Not being able to celebrate this birthday with family or close friends is making me uncomfortable.

Birthdays have come to mean a lot to me the last few years. And the fact that I have been living so many has me panicked that I’m not putting the years I have been living to good use.

I always thought I’d be dead before my 21st birthday. I never thought I’d live past 20. And now here I am at almost 24 and I still have no clue what I’m doing. Or why I’m alive.

I’m grateful, that the Lord spared my life. That He didn’t open the gates of heaven when I came knocking. I’m just afraid that I’m wasting the extra time He’s given me.


~~~

To read my other birthday blogs, go here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment