Monday, October 1, 2012

Bucket List

I’ve been browsing through a Tumblr account for a few hours now, it’s a collection of ‘Bucket List’ pictures. Pictures with words across them depicting what you would like to do/accomplish in your life before you die.

As I look through all these pictures I found some odd, some creepy, some uninteresting and some heartfelt. Some of them I’ve already ‘accomplished’ in my life, things that I never would have thought to be ‘life changing’ or something to ‘aim towards.’

These last few months have been hard on me, mentally. I seem to find myself feeling trapped, useless and aimless. I feel like I’m failing myself, failing God. These last few years have not gone how I had planned or hoped for. I feel like I’m stuck, stuck in a rut not making any traction towards improving myself.

I feel like I’m wasting my life, and to be honest, I’m starting to believe it.

I might have done all these ‘amazing’ things in my past, but I’m not doing anything with my present or for my future. I’m splashing in stagnant water with no earnest motive to get out.

So here I sit, listening to anthems and reading inspirational pictures to rediscover enthusiasm to continue on…

To see my Bucket List click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment