Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Reasons

I’ve been going to this recovery group every week for a few weeks now. I really enjoy it. There’s one person in particular that I’m starting to form a friendship with.

We talk weekly and try to encourage each other the best we can. You know when you just click with someone and you know there’s a reason why your paths have crossed? That’s how I feel. There’s a reason why God wants us to be friends.

Tonight, I just did not want to go to group. I’ve been having a huge lazy streak lately. I had worked on my Smash journal all day and I just didn’t want to have to get ready and head out into the world. But at the last moment, I got up and got ready.

Last week I wanted to take my new friend a mixed CD of my favorite songs, but it just didn’t work. So today I made extra effort to make the CD and have it ready for when I went to group.

I get to group and guess who brought me a gift? Ha ha, so I open my present, a devotional book and gave them the CD. It was too funny how that worked out.

As the lesson progresses, I share how I didn’t want to come and my friend shares how they were having issues controlling their anger. They had a rough day and apparently my book getting lost caused some of that.

Someone else then pointed out that if I hadn’t had come that my friend would be feeling even worse than how they were feeling because all of the stress and anger would have been for nothing.

It’s amazing how God works, isn’t it? He plans everything out perfectly.

There’s a reason why we’re friends, and I can’t wait to see what that reason is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment