Thursday, November 14, 2013

God Made Me

I was asked a question yesterday that really got me thinking. The question was: "What do you do that makes you stand out? What makes you different?"

I thought about the question for a few seconds, and my first response was nothing. Nothing makes me stand out. And I almost spoke the words aloud, making them true. But, I bit my tongue and really thought.

A friend of mine always says that I amaze her, that I encourage her and my fighting spirit gives her strength.

"Whenever I fall down, I always get up." The words just flowed out of my mouth.

"And why do you always get up? What motivates you to get up?"

"Because I know that God will always be there for me. To help me up." Again, the words just flowed.

I doubt myself all the time. And honestly, I think very low of myself; of my strength, courage and relationship with God. I see myself as never being able to reach satisfactory.

People tell me that I’m kind, sweet and caring; that I’m genuine and honest. But all I hear is that I’m full of anger, hate and bitterness; that I’m a horrible person and worthless.

So when people say positive things about me, it throws me off. I don't understand why or how people can see me in that way.

Then in a loving whisper God reminds me that I am those things. The positive ones. God made me that way. He made me to be my flamboyant, loving, mischievous self. Even if I can’t see it myself, others see it, because it’s who I am.

It’s the way God made me.

It’s my light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment