Friday, November 15, 2013

Voices in my head

Once a month my brother comes into town on the train, I pick him up at the station and I drive him around town running his errands.

I've been doing this for about half a year now. My brother and I don't get along. We have very different personalities, morals and world views. But we've learned to co-exist with each other.

We're half siblings, from my father. My brother and I are alike by our facial features and our temperaments, but everything else is different. He's picked up something's from dad, and I've picked up other things.

My dad is always organized and prepared. One of the things I've picked up. So today when my brother needed to be cleaned up, he had nothing with him. But I did. I had a handkerchief and a bottle of water. I pulled out my handkerchief and flopped it towards him (just how my dad would have done it) and told him where to find the water (instructed him just like dad). I laughed to myself internally.

Dad would have been proud.

"You see that! At least I raised one of you right!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment