Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I'm A Christian

I went to the market today, and while I was pushing my basket around I accidentally hit an older women’s basket.

“Oh my gosh! I am so sorry; I didn’t mean to hit you.”
“Oh, it’s okay. I forgive you. I’m a Christian, that’s what we’re supposed to do. Forgive.”

She said this with no hesitation. It just flowed from her mouth. She said it with such humility. After our interaction, I continued on with my shopping, but at one point I had to stop and really process what just happened. It took me back for a few minutes. Her simple words convicted me, instantly.

‘I’m a Christian’; she said it without even thinking. Nothing (really) prompt it. She didn’t try to “preach” at me or “save” me. She didn’t expect anything from me.

I’m a Christian. And I believe her.

I hope to one day get to the point of where she is. To be so open, free and god-fearing that I proclaim my salvation and deliverance without even blinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment