Monday, December 23, 2013

Breathe


I've been obsessing over this song the last few days. It was the breath of fresh air that I desperately needed.

"When heaven seems so far away
And dreams are just a memory
When love is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it...

Go whoa oh, whoa whoa oh, whoa whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing
Whoa whoa oh, whoa whoa oh, whoa whoa oh
Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing"

I've been in manic mode the last few weeks. My thoughts have been racing, I've been on edge and triggery. It was like I couldn't catch my breath. I kept gasping over and over, trying to fill my lungs. But instead it felt like they were getting full of water.

There was an incident on Friday, that almost pushed me off the ledge I was teetering on. I've been teetering on this ledge a lot lately, and I've fallen off it most of the time.

But, in this moment, with my mind spinning, my thoughts racing, my emotions in over-drive and my skin craving the blade... My fighting instinct finally kicked in.

"2 A.M., too tired to sleep
When what you want's not what you need
And when these walls don't feel like home
Remember that you're not alone

The beginning's just another end
It's not too late to start again
When hope is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go"

I sat still. Took a deep breath and forced my mind to clear. I haven't been manic for so long, I forgot how paralyzing it is. I also forgot that I control it, it doesn't control me.

Isn't it amazing what a soothing breath can do? How it can clear your mind. Make your world better. Give you hope.

It's amazing how taking one extra moment for yourself can get you to the next second. I need to remember to take that moment more often. 

"When heaven seems so far away
And dreams are just a memory
Without the dark the light won't show
Remember that you're not alone

When you watch the world just turn away
And break the promises it made
When love is all too hard to hold
Just take a breath and let it go"


0 comments:

Post a Comment