Thursday, January 2, 2014

Magical


I love Jon Foreman's voice. I think it just get's better with time.

I use to hate acoustic versions of songs. It annoyed me so much. I couldn't comprehend why someone would ruin a song that was skillfully crafted with electric instruments with dead hollow sound.

Somewhere, over time, I learned to love acoustic songs. Honestly, I prefer them now. How's that for irony?

There's something about stripping a song down to the basics. Just a voice, a few strung strings, a solid bass and the words. You get to the heart; to the core of the songs' life. And it can touch your soul; you and the song become one.

A properly arranged song, is life changing. And then if you turn that to acoustic, it becomes magical.


And if you get Jon Foreman to sing it, it's just heavenly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment