Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Attainable Worship

Another corporate fasting day; I love these days. It’s so amazing to see hundreds of people fasting in unison to better the kingdom of God. The day is full of prayer and worship. I especially love “lunch” hour; we head to the auditorium and worship and pray as one. An hour fully devoted to seeking God’s call; it’s life changing.

You can learn so much from these precious hours of worshiping the Lord; especially having no food. I had never fasted before I came to the Honor Academy, but I would recommend it to everyone. It’s an amazing experience to be one-on-one with the Lord and seeking him full heartedly.

As always, I love the worship music within this hour; our bands are definitely gifted. But that’s not what amazes me; what amazes me is how people can come so close to the Lord and be engulfed by him that they don’t care what others might think around them, they just want to worship him. I desire that, I desire that personal connection with Christ; to stand in his presence and worship him fully, no holding back.

There’s a girl I envy a little; she has such an amazing relationship with Christ, that when she enters into his presence she’s so over joyed that she bursts into laughter. She will be worshipping the Lord fully and she will just begin to laugh. It’s such an awesome sight to see.

Within this special hour of worship fasting, there are so many people worshiping the Lord and lost in his presence that it blows me away of how powerful Christ really is. No one cares if people are watching, no one cares if their dance distracts others, no one cares if their singing is off tone – no one has fear of man! All they want to do is worship their Lord.

It’s breath taking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment