Friday, October 10, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let is SNOW!

Two weeks had finally passed since me coming back to the Honor Academy from going home for my step-mom’s funeral. Within this time period I had been going crazy without my laptop; the laptop was destroyed in the car accident on my way to the airport to go home. This entire time I had been without my laptop and was dying.

Waiting impatiently for this day to come, as soon as I was able to go to The Cell to grab my box, I ran to the room to get it. Grabbing my box I ran to a table and grabbed a knife from the kitchen to open the package. Digging through tons of packing peanuts I found my beloved laptop wrapped in bubble wrap at the bottom of the box waiting to be used.

You thought me receiving the box of clothes from home made me happy; imagine that times 5,000. I was so happy about receiving my laptop that I raced through eating my lunch and ran back to the office to turn the laptop on and to hook it up to the Internet; carrying the big box of packing peanuts with me.

Getting into the office I rearranged my desk to plug the laptop in and to get the Internet and then waiting patiently as my laptop made tons of updates. I looked at the box of packing peanuts as I picked up a handful and threw it at my coworker; he smirked and threw them back. Within seconds we had a mini packing peanut war.

At lunch another coworker suggested that I throw them all over our manager’s office; “Let it be like snow,” she said. I told the coworker that I had the mini war with about the idea and he was all for it. I then went over to my supervisor and explained the idea to her; I wanted to do it, but I didn’t want to get in huge trouble. Before I could even get my entire plan out, she was out of her chair and running to our manager’s office. I grabbed the box as the male coworker followed us into the room.

Within seconds the entire office was covered in a freshly set inch of “snow.” We all laughed as we saw what we had done. Thinking of what we could do to make the snow even more awesome we ran to the computer to print off snowflakes. Running to the printer, grabbing succors and tape; we cut out all the snowflakes and plastered them all over the walls. We then grabbed an iPod and speakers as we placed Christmas music on, turned off the light and closed the door. As the other three coworkers entered the office we rushed them over to our manager’s office to show them what we had done; all of them bursting into laughter. We then all ran to our desk’s waiting for out manager to enter.

The supervisor, who sits in front, placed Christmas music on as the rest of us waited to wish our manager a “Merry Christmas.” Our manager walked in as the supervisor started to sing a Christmas song. He slowly walked threw the row of our desks as we all wished him “Merry Christmas;” he looked at us and stood in the middle of the room: “What are you all up to?” We all smiled as we got back to work. He then walked to his office and opened the door as the sound of Christmas music greeted him.

He turned on the light, walked in and then walked right back out with a devilish smile on his face: “You all are insane!” We all cracked up into a roar of laughter. After about 10 minutes we all were called into his office for our daily team meeting; and for corporate clean up.

It might have been a hassle trying to pick up all the crushed packing peanuts, but it was so worth it to see the look on our manager’s face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment