Sunday, October 12, 2008

Father’s Approval

I love how my favorite place to sit is the one place with the most red dirt, bugs, noise and traffic; ironic isn’t it?

The one place that I feel the most solitude at is one of the busiest places on campus. It’s odd with what calms us isn’t it? Things that we wouldn’t think that we would like, do or care for often are things that are our favorite. It’s just another wonderful thing that God has His hand in; another thing that God worked everything out without our knowledge.

Have you ever wondered if God gets a kick out of how He created us? Think of how much fun and joy God has in creating a person. And how God makes our character and personality to work (or sometimes not work) perfectly together. I wonder if God placed corks in us to give Him joy; in a sad mean dry humor kind of a way.

I mean have you ever noticed the gifts, talents or joys that you have sometimes have flaws in them that you need to over come? A saying that a roommate and I always say is: “God gifted writers with bad spelling.” I mean imagine how much joy God gets out of watching a writer with great talent struggle with having to spell.

I can imagine God chuckling to himself while the editor of the writer corrects their work and every other word needs to be corrected. But then I imagine how wide of a smile and how bright He beams when the writer’s work is done, finished, published and printed.

 Imagine how proud God is of that! Imagine God bragging about no matter how much we had to go through we struggled through it and completed the task. He beams knowing that we overcame a hurdle in our life and have grown.

He’s so proud.

And if He gets a good laugh along the ride it’s worth all the falters right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment