Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Coffee Pot

Isn’t it funny how you can be doing something so simple and it will trigger a memory and it will bring a smile to your face. I often find myself walking to the water fountain at work to fill my water bottle; my coworker and I always go together so we have someone to talk to in the long awkward hallway.

Well today, we walked to the water fountain and I filled my bottle as I waited for my coworker to go to the restroom and to come back; as I was waiting I started to drink my water. I guess I was thirstier then I thought because before my coworker came out of the restroom I had drank the entire content of my bottle; and it’s a pretty big bottle. I laughed to myself because I couldn’t believe I had drunk all that water that quickly. As I started to refill my bottle a memory came back to.

I remember sitting at the kitchen table one morning waiting for my mom to serve me breakfast when she went to make herself coffee, she grabbed the pot, filled it up and started to laugh. I looked at her and asked why she was laughing. She then told me that the night before she was making my dad coffee and she had become thirsty so she started to drink the water out of the freshly filled coffee pot; before she knew it she had drank the entire coffee pot of water and had to completely refill it. I stared at her and laughed; she was always so odd. And then we wonder where I get it from? Ha ha.

As I continued to refill my water bottle I started to laugh out loud when my coworker came out of the restroom. She looked at me and asked why I was laughing; I told her the story and she started to laugh also.

Aw happy-odd memories, not only do they bring you joy but they bring it to others too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment