Sunday, October 12, 2008

Phone a Friend?

Since the training session for TheHopeLine over a month ago, today was the first time I had actually gone to help. There was a rather big group of first timers, they gathered us all into a group and separated us into pairs. We were given a computer and set to the task of watching videos; fun no? We sat there for about an hour and half watching video, after video, after video. We watched how TheHopeline works, how to use the phones and the chats, how to answer phone calls and tons of other little important information.

It’s so cool to have the privilege to be a part of such an amazing organization. I know how important it is to just have someone to talk to; to get built up emotions out or to get someone’s opinion. I can’t wait to start answering chats and calls!

That will have to wait for a bit however, I still need to shadow and once I shadow then I’m out on my own.

Scary isn’t it to think of me giving people advice and leading them to Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment