Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reflection Essay - Week of the Ring

As in any life changing decision, for me, accepting my ring and taking up the responsibility of the line- was a bitter sweet moment. I learned so much during the WOTR, I took many notes and gained so much more knowledge the second time around (sat through all the sessions when the Januaries had their WOTR).

Experiencing WOTR for a second time was a real eye opener for me; I noticed the change of acknowledgment I had. The first time around I hadn’t fully understood what the ring or the line was; and my mind was in a very different mindset. So sitting a second round in similar seminars and hearing the material again really proved to myself how much my morals, world views and mindset had change. It was a breath of fresh air.

But it was also a very challenging time for me. Here I was sitting through the same seminars again and hints of sin kept coming up. My flesh kept whispering to me that I couldn’t uphold the ‘line.’ That I couldn’t stay pure, I couldn’t stay honorable and that I would degrade the line & have to give up my ring. These thoughts ran ramped in my mind for a few days; I began to believe them and started to doubt if I should accept the ring and take the challenge of living an honorable life.

WOTR had come to an end and we had the weekend to think over the decision of accepting our rings and becoming part of the line. I sat in bed and prayed.
Doubts, fears, and lies were over powering my mind and I didn’t know what to do. Sitting in my bed I was softly reminded of what I had overcome (with God’s help). Yes I had lived a dishonorable life and yes I was still going to be challenged and tested. BUT that didn’t mean I had to or was going to give into them again. God had brought me through so far and He wasn’t going to leave me half mended.
Entering the banquet on Monday, I was determined that I would accept my ring and that I would join the line. Yes I would stumble, but that didn’t mean I would fall and not get back up. I wasn’t going to let the lies of the enemy keep me from reaching, yet another, goal God had for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment