Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Transition LTE

For the last week and half, I have literally been in limbo. With graduating from the HA and staying at Teen Mania for an additional two years to attend Center for Creative Media (CCM); it’s been an odd but refreshing transition.

Being one of two August’s in my core to stay was a frightening and challenging experience. Watching as everyone packed up their stuff, loaded cars and driving away to continue on the path that the Lord has for them; was devastating. I had been with these girls for a year – an entire year and now they are out of my daily life.

One of my roommates, I had literally spent the ENTIRE year with her. She was my roommate from Gauntlet week to the first and the second semesters, we were inseparable; and now she’s gone.

My best friends, my AP’s and my mentors left. And here I was left on a very empty campus to transfer into CCM by myself. I think that was the most frightening thing for me; transferring into CCM. The current classes at CCM have been together for almost two years, a year or half a year; and here I was moving into this tight knit family – I was terrified. But I knew and I know this is where God has placed me.

So biting my lip and mustering up ALL courage I could from the Lord, I picked up all my belongings and placed them on the truck that the CCM guys borrowed to transfer all our stuff. That was a week ago. And now, here I am in my HOUSE fully moved in and making lasting friendships (again).

The transition, truly was an LTE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment