Monday, August 31, 2009

Yet Another Driving Adventure…

I will most likely never be asked to be a drive again after today. A trip that was supposed to take me an hour and 45 minutes took me three hours. Ha ha, yes I have that skill to get completely turned around heading to Tyler, TX.

I was asked to drive to Tyler to pick up Gail from her house; Gail is the wife of Doug Rittenhouse (the direct of CCM). So I hop in a car, with directions and head out towards I-20. I get near the exit to head towards Lindale or Tyler, with everything in me screaming to turn right, the directions said to turn left. I knew that was wrong, everything in me was telling me not to listen to the directions but I did…

After a lovely 20 minute drive, I was in Mineola. Why, oh why did I listen to the directions! I called Gail, told her what had happened and said I was on my way! Turning around, I drive in the opposite (correct) direction and head back through Lindale to Tyler. I looked further down the directions and noticed that it mentioned “South Broadway and 69 South.” Why couldn’t I have just read further down earlier and saved myself TONS of time. I get myself to South Broadway the way I know, cause the directions were all wrong, than I called Gail; I didn’t know how much I could trust the directions.

I finally get myself near the Rittenhouse’ home and continued to repeat the directions Gail gave me in my head: “Pass the first Exxon and take the road in front of the second Exxon.” I pass the first Exxon and two seconds later I pass the second one and the street, annoyed I move over to the left lane and have to turn back around. I get on the street and than almost pass the housing complex; if it wasn’t for Gail walking to the front of the complex I would have passed it.

Gail gets in the car and than we head back. I tell her I had to fill up on gas (because of my little ‘adventure’), so we stop at a gas station. As we both get out of the car, we close the doors and I began to fill up as Gail walks inside to get drinks. I finish filling up and than go to the door to get in and it’s LOCKED.

I look at the button on the door and it’s pushed down: “Oh no! Are you SERIOUS!?” I quickly move to the next door and it’s locked too. I run to the passenger side and try to open the back door, nothing. I than move to the passenger door and it opens: “Praise the Lord!”

I crawl over, open my door and get in as I wait for Gail, the entire time laughing and shaking my head. Today just wasn’t a good day for me to drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment