Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ruth

A couple of years ago I was going through a Build a Bear phase, I went to that store about once a month. I either bought a bear or an accessory for my bears. I was beyond obsessed.

In this period of my life, I was feeling extremely depressed and alone. When July 7th approached me (the day my mother passed), the only thing I knew I wanted to do was to be happy. I went to work, came home, got changed and spent the entire day shopping and doing random silly things. I bought cake and cookie mix and I made a cake to represent me and my mom. It was a good day. One of the few I had that year.

During my adventures that day I went to Build a Bear and I made a bear in remembrance of my mom. I picked a pink bear (my mother's favorite color), put her in a white eyelet skirt and named her Ruth (my mother's middle name). I bought a few other accessories, but I purposely left her bare (no pun intended - hehehe).

I wanted to be able to add to the bear as the years went on. Something I could do every year on July 7th to bring joy to my life.

This year, I have plans on July 7th so I knew I wouldn't be able to get Ruth anything on her exact birthday so I went a few days early to the store and got her a tutu. I'm obsessed with tutu's at the moment, I wore one for my birthday.

Ruth is slowly getting put together - and so am I.


0 comments:

Post a Comment