Friday, July 19, 2013

Send Pizza!

Earlier this week a photo posted on Reddit went viral and caught my eye on Yahoo! Shine.


The picture is of a home-made sign made out of tape on a hospital window that reads: "Send Pizza Rm 4112."

The sign was made by a two year old little girl that has Neuroblastoma cancer. She had been in the hospital for a few weeks and her mother & grandmother thought this would be a good and fun project to keep her distracted for a while. They never thought that pizza would actually come. But a few days later, someone posts the picture online and pizza started to rain from the sky. The parents of this adorable two year old and the hospital had to ask people to stop sending pizza because it was becoming too much.

Reading this article, made me smile and tear up a bit. My mother died from cancer, so cancer stories are really close to my heart. I can remember how important it was to my mom, my dad and me when people went out of their way to brighten our day or to do something nice for us when my mom was sick. The littlest things meant the world to us. So I can only imagine how much receiving pizza from strangers meant to this little girl.

She received so much pizza that they were able to have a pizza party with the other children on the floor and the staff. How cool is that?!

This type of out-pour of love, support and communion reminds me that God created us humans to build each other up - not tear each other down.


"Love WILL save the day."



To find out more information 
about Hazel (the little girl) and ways
 to help her and her family you can check out 
the family's blog, Facebook page and donation page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment