Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cut It Off

I’ve been kind of down the last few days. I wouldn’t call it depression, just a little sad. It feels like a cloud is blocking my sun.

When I first started feeling this way, I allowed the emotions to lead me. It wasn’t drowning, so I figured I was fine – right? But then it hit me, the enemy was testing my shield. He’s looking and searching for a way to break into my mind and rip me to shreds (Matthew 12:43-45).

I could almost feel my shield being poked and pushed in. I instantly quoted Isaiah 53:5:
“But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.”

And Leviticus 12:8c:
“And the priest shall make atonement for her, and she shall be clean”.

Then slowly, I felt the cloud pull away from my sun and I felt peace.

Sometimes we get so use to things being ‘just a little bad’ that it doesn’t bother us. But then the enemy adds a little on top of that, until it becomes part of the pile. And the next thing we know, our ‘little’ is a huge mountain that we have no idea how it got there.

I finally took a stand today, and stopped the sadness before it got worse (Mark 9:42-44).

One small victory; one huge step in the right direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment