Monday, February 17, 2014

Mona to the Rescue!

Yesterday, after church, me and a group of friends thought it would be fun to go to the park and have a picnic. We planned it pot-luck style and we all brought something to contribute. We got to the park, pulled out our bountiful feast and had a great time of fellowship.

After church I rushed home to change, I grabbed everything I was supposed to bring and I put Mona on her harness to take with me to the park. A friend suggested I bring the dogs so we could play with them after we were done eating, but after some thought I knew this would be more trouble than fun.

With Mona being trained with sitting in the stroller, I took her along knowing she would be manageable. I got to the park, pulled all my stuff out of the trunk and threw Mona into the stroller. She was fine once I opened the netting so she could look around at all of us, and of course after she was fed.

After our picnic we packed everything up and decided we would play a makeshift game of four-square. Now, why did I think playing a game that involved a bouncing ball and me having to semi go after it would be a good idea – I have no clue? I should also mention that I was wearing flip-flops.

The friend across from me in the square threw the ball at me but it went too far to my left. I had to semi run/jog to get the ball. When I did this, my left foot hit a slick part of the side walk and shot out in front of me.  With the momentum of my stride I fell straight down onto my butt.

One second I was up right and the next I was sitting on the floor, it all happened so fast! As soon as my bottom hit the floor I burst into laughter. It was just too funny, another ‘only Stella could do that’ moment.

I sat on the ground for a couple of seconds, getting my barring’s. I turned to my right to see one of my friends laughing so hard that they were actually hunched over. I then turned to my left to propel myself up and get back on my feet; when all of a sudden I see Mona flying through the air. No lie, she literally hung in the air for a good foot and a half. She then landed on the concrete and sprinted toward me.

I should also mention that the stroller has a built in leash that you’re supposed to connect your dog to so they can’t jump out, Mona was connected to this. So Mona is running to me at FULL speed, dragging the stroller behind her. She then slides to a stop next to my side and quickly starts to lick me and inspect my body to make sure I’m not hurt.

I find it humorous that the dog is the only one that ran to my rescue, while the three humans stood by laughing their heads off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment