Sunday, February 9, 2014

Prayer Power

"Do you really think, all the prayers that mom made on her knees crying out to God aren't still being played out today?"

I said this to my sister-in-law this afternoon. We had a stressful day today, lots of waiting and no forward motion. It was so frustrating to sit still and just wait.

We started talking about God and His plan and purpose for our lives. My sister shared how she felt God was herding her away from a situation. Things keep popping up that keep her from it. And then the conversation switched to my brother and the difficult situation we're in with him.

"He (my brother) just needs to give it to God. He needs to just release it all and give it to Him." -sister

"But he (brother) has to choose it. We can't force him to God. I can remember mom, crying out to God to help him. To protect you and your family. Mom heard God's voice, and God heard hears. Do you really think those prayers aren't still being heard today? He wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for her prayers... I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for her prayers..." -me

I remember every morning before school, mom would pray over my coming and going. Pray a hedge of protection over me. That God would keep me safe. It wasn't till today, actually, that I realized all of her feverent prayers is what has kept me alive.

"I remember dad, mom, me and your brother were sitting at the kitchen table and your brother said that he was lucky, because he kept getting out of things. And mom got so mad, I had never seen her so angry. 'How dare you say that! It's not luck! It's all my prayers! It's not you, it's GOD!!'" -sister

This year marks nine (9) years since her passing. And I know, without a doubt, that her prayers are still protecting and guiding us. How else could the Cordova's still be existing? Ha ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment