Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ministry Placement – Woo hoo!

We’ve been waiting impatiently for the last week and half to see where we will be placed for our ministry placement. We are told to go to the auditorium 45 minutes earlier so that we can be placed in alphabetical order. Who knew we had so many new interns? I weaved myself through the long lines making my way up to the C’s. Its times like these that I’m thankful I have a last name high in the alphabet, I was able to stand in the nice cool lobby while the lower letters had to stand in the heat. Not to mention I was one of the first ones to be seated and to be called. Being a C has its advantages.

We’re let into the auditorium as we’re seated by last names and wait for everyone else to come in. We sit there for about half an hour until everyone is seated. We’re all pretty nervous and excited. We can’t wait to hear where we will be working for the next year. Everyone is stating where they want to work and where they don’t want to work, the suspense is killing us!

And finally it’s time to begin. The first two rows stand and walk to the front as names start to be called. Its set up “gradation style,” your name gets called, you walk up the side steps walk across the stage shake all the hands of people in leadership for Teen Mania and Honor Academy, then walk down the other side steps and back to your seat where you’re seated. Once half of the row in front of you is seated, you’re to stand up and walk to the end of the standing line.

First row goes, names called, second row goes, more names called, third row goes, even more names called, fourth row goes… THAT’S ME! Our row jumps to our feet and runs to the end of the line, we’re even more impatient now. In seconds we will know where we will be placed.

The entire week we’ve been told that the ministry placement leaders, managers and HA board has been praying for us, that God will place us in the spot that he wants us and can use us; some of us have even been praying for ourselves – we might be a little bias though.

The names of a couple people ahead of me are called, I hold my breath. Jobs are called: ATF call center, kitchen crew, GE call center, facilities, ATF call center – Stella Cordova… CCM. I smile brightly as there’s a slight hop in my step as I walk up the stairs and shake people’s hands. Joy overfills me. I walk past the manager of CCM as he smiles shakes my hand: “Welcome to the team!” I smile and nod: “Thank you.” I finish the walk of shaking hands as I walk down the steps and to my seat. I sit and do a little chair dance as the row behind me stands and goes.

CCM! Yes! Out of all the ministry placements that I could have gotten, CCM was at the top of my list. Being able to work on the E-Strategies team would be a dream come true! I would be sitting at a computer all day; working on the Internet; learning how to make, edit and maintain websites; learn to use new programs (Photoshop, mass blaster, etc.); help brainstorm new ideas and projects; have the chance to help complete projects for ATF – that will be seen by THOUSANDS of teenagers; hang out in an environment that is nothing but pure creativeness and craziness; help make, film and edit videos; the possibilities of CCM are endless – Center of Creative Minds runs everything media oriented for all Teen Mania organizations, and I am being given the chance to experience this; wow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment