Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week One at the HA

Today is my fifth day at the Honor Academy and it seems so much longer. Everything that I've been exposed to and have had to experience seems too great to have had all happened in five days. I'm having a great time; I enjoy all the activities (even Corporate). You defiantly never know how far you can stretch yourself and how much you can achieve until you are force to.

We wake up every morning at 5am and get dressed for Corporate. We then head outside to the pavilion and start exercise at 5:30am. We do stretches and different types of exercise for about half an hour to 45mins and then we run a 1.2 mile track that circles the campus. I won't lie, I want to die every time I run (walk) that track. I've been surprising myself each day though.

The first day I was only able to walk about one fourth of it; the second day, one half; third day all of it and then today I ran more then the other days and walked about 1.5 (they added in another part) miles in the cold pouring rain.

I was very surprised that I could push myself that far, countless times I wanted to stop and give up; but I didn't. My core was by my side rooting me on. Daily, girls in my core and surrounding cores are coming up to me saying that I encourage them.

My core consists of ten other girls, five of which are my room mates. These are our temporary cores until we get into our permanent dorms. Our cores are to help us make friends easier and quickly when we first arrive. Also, so that we can have tight knit families to rely, reach out to, lean and depend on.

The first week at the Honor Academy is called Gauntlet, this week consists of intense classes, activates, and studying. Following the Gauntlet we head into Orange Block which is where we are restricted to do and have certain things. We are trying to detach ourselves from the world and focus on the Lord. Some things that we are restricted of are: sugar, texting, limited Internet time, phone calls, leaving campus and sleeping over.

At the moment all the interns are in the middle of job placement; to determine where we would best fit to do our working internship. We had interviews yesterday and call interviews today. We should know where we are working for the internship next Tuesday.

This Friday we will be having a diner ceremony where we will be asked to commit the entire year to the Honor Academy. We will abide to the rules, code of honors and mission statements; and of course devote this year to God to seek what he has for our lives.

Then Saturday we will move into our permanent dorms where we will stay for the rest of the year. And this will also be the first time we will be allowed to leave the campus since we came. We're all super excited and counting down the days to where we will be able to go to Wal-Mart and get some much needed things.

Out of everything that the Honor Academy has to offer, I have to say that worship is my favorite. I'm sad to say that I didn't quiet make the school of worship requirements, but I am determined to continue working at my skill and hopefully I can make it next year.

Over all, these very short last few days have been better then what I could ever expect. Can't wait to see what the upcoming weeks hold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment