Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review: Hotel for Dogs

I have now knocked off one thing on my 2012 goal (resolution) list! Woot. Okay, technically, one eighth of a goal (one) off my list.

One of the things I want to bring back into my life this year is reading. I use to read so much, and this past year I lost that hobby. So, one of my goals was to read eight books (five of which have to be books that I’ve never read before).

So we’re 15 days into the New Year and I’ve already read one book. Hotel for Dogs. Yay! I have to admit, it was a children’s/pre-teen book. It only had 178 pages. It was a fun, entertaining and fast read.

I watched the adapted movie a few weeks ago. Also called, Hotel for Dogs. The movie and book were so different from each other, there’s just no way to compare. The movie took the basic concept of the book and the main character names, but that was pretty much it. Separately, from each other, both the movie and book were great. Both were fun, exciting and had good morals/principles.

Overall, the book was fun to read and a good motive to start the year.


'The Walkers are moving to a new town, and staying with an aunt who's allergic to dogs. Too bad for Andi and her brother Bruce, who love dogs -- and happen to meet a stray that needs help. Soon, Andi hatches a plan, turning the abandoned house down the block into a hotel for dogs. But as more and more tenants move in, the secret gets too big to keep. Can the kids save their canine castle? Or will the hotel have to close?' -Taken from the Barnes and Noble website

0 comments:

Post a Comment