Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In His Arms

I'm becoming a night owl again. It feels good to get back to my 'roots.'

In high school I would stay up late listening to music, writing poems and blogs. I'd be lost in my own little world.

But, back then I was terrified of the night. It scared me so much. I was my weakest in the dark. And no matter how hard I fought, it felt like I’d never win.

But now, I love the night. Everything is quiet, still with no disturbances. I can put my headphones on and instead of using them to drown out my mind; I can use them to encourage my soul.

I've always been most creative in the evening. I always have the urge to draw, paint or write during the night. I find myself not wanting to go to sleep because I want to write. I have journal posts running in my mind as I lay my head to rest. And sometimes I can't refuse the urge.

It's so amazing to me how God can turn things around. I use to be so restless in the evening. And now I find peace in it. I use to write things full of anguish and desperation in the dark. And now I write hope and joy. I find myself smiling the most in the evening.

Only God could take my downfall and turn it into enjoyable contentment. 

I'm finally finding peace in Him, and in myself. I don't need to be afraid of the darkness and it’s unknown. It doesn't have to haunt me. Because I know I won't be Forsaken. I won't be lost. I won't be thrown away. I'm strong and fierce.

I'm starting to feel like myself again. The Stella Star who was full of aspirations and drive. The girl who knew that dreams and hope were the most important things in the world.

Stella Star is finally coming home.
Where she belongs.
In His arms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment