Sunday, September 7, 2008

ESOAL – RAPTURE!

Oh the dreaded ESOAL is a week and half. Everyone is getting nervous and anxious. Me on the other hand, am dead set against not doing ESOAL. I’ve been thinking about it a lot, ESOAL is the only LTE that isn’t mandatory, I honestly don’t think I can do it. I really don’t.

I’ve slowly, very slowly been raising my endurance; but it’s still no where close where it should be. I’ve been sick the last two and half weeks, which has been keeping me from running. I’ve been having to go to alternate which is where you do more corporate exercises. I can’t catch my breath during the exercises and I can hardly keep up with the pace and counting.

This afternoon my company marched up and down the football field, we were practicing for ESOAL; we will need to march every where during ESOAL and if we don’t do it in the correct manner it will cause us trouble. So here we are marching up and down this field for about an hour and I can’t keep up. I keep falling behind, I can’t keep the tempo and then we start to run. I’m sick, can’t breath, chest is congested; I ended up having to pull myself out and coughed up a lung – not a fun or pretty sight.

I ended up sitting on the side lines as the company finished, there’s just no way I’m going to be able to do ESOAL. I can’t run, can’t keep up in corporate and I can’t march up a field for an hour.

Lord, I’m going to die… Take us now, PLEASE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment