Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Wanting of My Soul

It truly is amazing what worship can do, how healing it can be. Being at HA, you really do get run down. You’re constantly moving, have classes and work to attend to, and are constantly being challenged to push yourself harder. It’s easy to get run down, tired, exhausted and drained. You don’t even realize how un-energized you are. You start to follow the motion and keep up, you loose you’re focus and try to just meet the standard.

Being at HA is harder then I could have imagined; and nothing could have gotten me ready for it. I find myself saying that over and over, only because it’s true. Once you think you can’t stand any more, you’re pushed to a higher level and you realize that you can handle more, that you can do more and that you are capable.

And yes, being stretched and pushed are amazing and grow you tremendously; but some times, you need down time and quiet time with God. And chapel is a precious and wonderful time for this. I was really starting to miss it. The first week at HA we had chapel multiple times a day and now we only have it once or twice a week. Worship truly is a time of healing and connecting with God.

I was having such a hard time; I was tired, exhausted and weak. I was fighting within myself and found it hard to be “strong” all the time. I found myself moving in the motions but not giving my all; I was drained. But those few short minutes in worship, made me realize once again why I’m here.

God brought me here for a reason, he has something great planned for my life and he brought me to HA for a purpose. I still haven’t been able to figure that out, but I know in time God will reveal it to me. I just have to be patient and not remove my eyes from the goal – Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment