Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mysterious Contents of the Box

It’s funny how something you see everyday in your room, something you wear all the time or a dog eared Bible can mean so much to you when you see them again a month later. I got my first package from home today. I was so happy, so excited, so thrilled to get this package. It was huge and covered in tape; it was like Christmas with all the stuff you already had.

Who would have thought that a hoodie would bring such joy to me – well it would bring joy to a person who had been being drowned in a flood and had no protection. Dang you hurricane Ike!

My favorite thing in the box, an orange sweater that accidently got packed; who would have thought it would bring me such joy? Here I am emptying out my box looking at all the shirts, skirts, pants, jackets, posters (PILLAR!!) and books when at the very bottom is an orange sweeter. I starred at it at first; I wasn’t expecting that to be in the box. I took a deep breath and held it tight. I smiled as tears started to come to me – one of my mom’s favorite sweater’s.

I had called and asked my dad to send me some much needed clothes. My dad didn’t want to dig through my stuff so he got my step mom to do it. I told her everything I wanted and told her to grab whatever else she thought looked nice or would keep me warm. I keep a few articles of my mom’s in my room and closet, it just caught me off guard to see that sweater. My step mom had no clue what she had done, but I’m glad that the sweater was packed.

No matter what happens, it seems that my mom is always making her self known. Little things that happen and comfort us; letting us know that she is around. I keep the sweater nicely folded near my bed with Spot and think of my mom often. If it wasn’t for my mom making herself known in small ways, I wouldn’t be here.

Packages from home, they bring more joy then you could ever imagine.




HINT HINT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment