Monday, September 1, 2008

Prayer Power

Since I first arrived to the HA, I was amazed with how everyone acts around here. Going to a Christian high school, I have been surrounded by a “religious” school for a few years; but nothing would have prepared me for HA. Everyone is so open, caring, loving and supportive; they speak freely of God and worship him openly, they hold nothing back. It’s just so amazing to see people so rooted in Christ; being placed in an atmosphere like HA is too grand to express in words. And the friendships that you acquire – are irreplaceable.

Being here for only a short two weeks I have already made friendships that I know will be strong and positive. Knowing that you can sit next to someone and pour your heart to them, and they’ll just love you more for trusting them; is a feeling unbelieved.

It just blows my mind of how open people are here and how thoughtful they are. Groups of people come together, and pray for someone who is ill or going through a hard time. It’s amazing to see huddles of people all over praying for one another – indescribable.

We truly are a family, a little unit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment