Friday, April 20, 2012

Birthday Celebration!

Happy Birthday aunt Stella!

Today is my mom and aunt’s birthday. Usually on this day, for the past three (3) years, I celebrate alone. Last year I bought a mini cake, the year before that I went to dinner with a friend and the year before that I bought flowers. I have chosen that I will celebrate my mom on this day. I will rejoice for the life that she lived, I will celebrate the impact that she made on this world and I will remember the happy moments that we shared. I refuse to allow the enemy to make this day sad for me. My mother may be in heaven, but I can still celebrate her existence.

This year I was able to celebrate with my aunt. This brought me so much joy. I was so happy and excited that I was able to celebrate the day of my aunt’s birth with her.

We started the day early and headed to Ontario, CA. I had an interview and then we spent the rest of the day running around the city. We went to stores, out to lunch and then we bought cupcakes. Overall, it was an amazing day!

Birthdays mean so much to me. I thank God so much that I was able to celebrate another year of life with my aunt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment