Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Almighty God

I knew when I got my chest-plate tattoo, that some of myfamily members would have issues with it. I knew that people wouldn’tunderstand why I got a tattoo so visible. And I knew that some people wouldjudge me harshly. But I hoped and prayed that my tattoo would be a positive influence.

My dad hates my tattoo, he won’t look at it. I know he’sdisappointed. He takes every/makes circumstances to show his disapproval. Myaunt dramatizes how hard it is to hide my tattoo when I go for interviews. Afriend’s parent made a bold comment about my tattoo to say that I had ‘lost myway.’

People aren’t bashful about their disapproval, they makeit clearly known. But no one has taken the time to ask me why. Why I got thetattoo or what it means. They just see my tattoo and judge me… Today, I wasgiven the opportunity to perform what I had prayed for.

I was at a coffee shop, ordering my tea and the baristacommented on my tattoo. She asked if it hurt, a lot of people ask that, andthen she said: “Can I ask you what it means?”

And in that brief moment, I was able to share with herwhat my Almighty God has done.

“It’s hard to explain in a short sentence. But the heartis my heart, it was broken and God healed it. God sent the Holy Spirit to washit out with living water. Then the Holy Spirit refined my heart with fire. Andthen God came to live in my heart and reign in my life.”

I smiled at her and she tilted her head: “That’s neat.”And she smiled too.

If my Almighty God can fix my disarray soul/heart, I knowHe can surely use a tattoo for His glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment